Financial Services Division Quick Links
Overseas Military Banking and Credit Union Program (OMBCUP)
- The FMO staff serves as the Banking and Credit Union Liaison Officer
(BLO/CULO) for the DON overseeing the financial institutions operations
on DON installations. In this program FMO:
- Takes action on requests from subordinate installation commanders
to establish or terminate financial institution operations.
- Supports the needs of the liaison officers to the financial institutions that operate
banking offices on the respective domestic DON installations.
- Oversees the use of banking offices and credit unions on respective
DON installations within the guidance prescribed.
- Assists in the evaluation of services provided.
- Monitors practices and procedures of respective banking offices and
- Assists on-base banking offices and credit unions to develop and
expand necessary services within this regulation.
- Provides logistical support to overseas military banking facilities
under terms identified in this regulation.
Other agencies involved in the OMBP initiative:
- OUSD(C) – Provides policy guidance
- Military Departments – Provide their portion of the program funding
- DFAS, in coordination with the Military Departments’ banking
representatives, is responsible for the daily oversight, control and management of the MBCUP.
- The current banking contractor, Bank
of America, provides stateside equivalent banking services/products
Current OMBP Efforts:
- Other OMBP efforts:
- New Teller/Imaging System
- Model Bank
- Check Truncation Act 21
- Global LAN Development
- Bank Fees
- Debit Card