Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Program Support
FMO DON ERP Support Overview
FMO's Role with the Navy ERP Program is to interface with the DON's ERP program office to solve systems issues and provide guidance to program office and Commands regarding ERP compliance.
Specifically, FMO supports DON ERP by:
- Providing financial management regulation guidance to issues related to DON ERP system
- Planning, implementing, and directing financial management initiatives, such as those encompassed by the FFMIA, GPRA, and Clinger-Cohen Act
- Reviewing and commenting on legislative policies
- Advising on the impact on financial management systems and coordinating new requirements mandated by Congress with the OUSD(C) and ASN (FM&C)
- Ensuring DoD business rules are followed in specific solutions to issues such as Labor, Purchase Card, and Direct Cite
- Assessing Business Enterprise Architecture business rules and Standard Financial Information Structure (SFIS) compliance based on the Business Transformation Agency's (BTA) requirements
- Performing Financial Compliance with the DoD FMR, OMB, and other financial management requirements, on the DON ERP system
- Conducting and/or participating in surveys, reviews, appraisals, and evaluations of the DoD/DON financial management systems, policies, and procedures
- Developing improvements, solutions, and corrective measures to resolve financial management issues
FMO has developed a Financial Management (FM) DON ERP Financial Management Network (CAC Required) in an effort to facilitate the change management and understanding of the DON ERP system.
To gain access to the FM Navy ERP Financial Management Network,
the FM's Navy ERP Financial Management Network community is located on the SECNAV
portal and is available to users with a CAC: https://guest.donhq.navy.mil
Click My Communities and select FM's Navy ERP Financial Management Network from the pull down menu.
In order to provide high-quality customer service to the Commands, FMO also provides a dedicated employee to act as the liaison between the FMO ERP support branch and each Command.
FMO DON ERP Support Objectives
- Provide financial management regulation guidance
- Ensure that the DON ERP Solution is designed within the United States Standard General Ledger (USSGL) account structure and performs financial compliance with the DoD Financial Management Regulation (FMR), Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and other financial management regulations
- Provide guidance to the Commands to assist them in preparing to go to DON ERP